Luca


3 year project
Wood, Foam insulation board,
 Plaster, Bondo, Plastic resin, Cloth 





It has been a dream of mine, since childhood to make a figure sculpture of my own after visiting Europe. As a self taught artist I do not have the training nor can afford traditional materials like wood or stone.  So I relied on my experience in the construction trades to create "Luca".  It was a long process with no advice on how to achieve my goal.  Even to the point I was told by another artist "you can't do it that way,  it will not work"  I tend to mix materials in most my pieces.  For him the main structure is made of wood an foam board insulation.  There is also construction adhesive, plaster, Bondo, and fabric.  His head is Alumilite resin which proved to be a learning experience as I watched an entire batch leak trough the mold.  He's far from perfect but for my first full figure piece I am content.

Comments